Welcome to Cambridge Exam Coach podcast, where we talk about all things learning and teaching English, and specifically about Cambridge exam preparation.
My name is Kristian and today I am going to talk with someone who, according to his LinkedIn profile, is a “Test Centre Manager at LanguageCert”.
He is a highly-passionate, Cambridge CELTA qualified English teacher with over 17 years of teaching experience. Currently leading a 15-strong team to bring English and students together in his hometown of Zvolen. Furthermore, he’s also prolific online, mainly on Instagram.
Let me welcome from the beautiful town of Zvolen in Slovakia, Vlado Dolinec!
Part 1: Vlado
1. Hello Vlado. We know each other from Clubhouse, and now we finally meet on the podcast. Thank you for joining me on the show. Can you give us your back story and tell the listeners how you came to be where you are now?
2. Your area of expertise is teaching B2/C1 grammar and exam prep. How did you get to doing this and why this specific area?
3. You are a non-native speaker (teacher) of English. Which hurdles did you face when improving your English and how did you overcome them?
Part 2: Exams
4. You’re a Test Centre Manager at LanguageCert. What can you tell us about LanguageCert exams?
5. What are the main differences between Language Cert C1 and Cambridge C1 Advanced?
6. What resources are available to prepare for the LanguageCert exam? What are your personal favourites?
7. If you could only share one piece of advice for exam candidates, what would it be?
8. What exam would you recommend to our listeners and why?
9. Where can listeners find you online?
If you’re looking for a community where you can practice for the Cambridge exams at the same time as improving your English, you can head over to my Facebook group.
There you can do exercises, listen to audio, participate in live sessions, ask questions about exam strategies, and, last but not least, help other group members become better at English.
If that’s of interest to you – and just to be clear, this is completely free of charge! – then go to my website and click on JOIN THE COMMUNITY.
Alright, that’s a wrap! Thanks for being on the podcast today Vlado!
Stay safe everyone, take care of yourself, and each other in these strange times. Bye bye!
Connect with Vlado:
if you're looking for a community where you can practice for the Cambridge exams at the same time as improving your English, you can head over to my Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cecquestionsandanswers
If you need essay evaluation or Cambridge C1 / C2 exam prep classes, visit my website: https://www.cambridgeexamcoach.com